The town of Pollensa was founded in 1229 with the catalan conquest of Mallorca, although the name comes from many years ago.
Under the islamic domitation it was known as Al- Bulansa and by the Romans as Pollentia, although the roman coty of Pollentis is nowadays located in Alcudia. Placed in a valley enclosed by the Puig de Maria and the Calgary, Pollensa is the main area in the municipality with more than 8.000 inhabitants.
It has a historical old part already formed in the XVIII century with a group of narrow streets and with emblematic buildings as the Calgary, the Parish church, Santo Domingos Cloister and the Jesuis School. These are some of the interesting places to visit.
© 2012 CarSpain.com | Legal Info | Privacy